How do we learn, decide what is important, and choose an appropriate behavioral strategy? Increasing our understanding of how neuronal circuits solve these puzzles is critical for understanding the principles of voluntary behavior. My research is concerned with answering how uncertanty about future outcomes, a subjective measurement of the probabilities of rewards or punishments, affects how we learn, what we prefer, and how we feel... read more
- Monosov IE, Hikosaka O.Selective and graded coding of reward uncertainty by neurons in the primate anterodorsal septal region. Nat Neurosci. 2013 Jun;16(6):756-62.
- Daye PM, Monosov IE, Hikosaka O, Leopold DA, Optican LM. pyElectrode: an open-source tool using structural MRI for electrode positioning and neuron mapping. J Neurosci Methods. 2013 Feb 15;213(1):123-31.
- Cavanaugh J*, Monosov IE*, McAlonan K, Berman R, Smith MK, Cao V, Wang KH, Boyden ES, Wurtz RH (*authors contributed equally). Optogenetic inactivation modifies monkey visuomotor behavior. Neuron. 2012 Dec 6;76(5):901-7.
- Yamamoto S, Monosov IE, Yasuda M, Hikosaka O.What and where information in the caudate tail guides saccades to visual objects. J Neurosci. 2012 Aug 8;32(32):11005-16.
- Monosov IE, Hikosaka O.Regionally distinct processing of rewards and punishments by the primate ventromedial prefrontal cortex. J Neurosci. 2012 Jul 25;32(30):10318-30.
For a complete list of Dr. Monosov's publications, click here.